Monday, December 8, 2008

Why Are Men Such Jerks?

Remember the dude I wrote about in my November 23 blog whom I ran into at the parking lot 3 weeks ago? Yup! The jerk who didn't even bother to stop and roll down his window to say hi.



Well as soon as I logged into my YM this morning, this jerk from my better-forgotten past popped into my screen and said:



Hi.

Pwede ba tayo magusap ng normal? (Can we talk like normal people?)

Kasi ayoko ng may sama ka ng loob sa akin. (Because I don't want you to hate me)



And now he suddenly had the balls to say hi over the YM? Coward huh? Couldn't talk to me face to face but always messages me in YM. Typical!



The first time he said hi in YM since that "parking lot incident" was a few days ago. Naturally, I ignored him. But, prior to that incident I would always reply to his messages. This was the first time I did not acknowledge his existence and yet he already assumed that we weren't talking "like normal people". Sounds like somebody's guilty. He knows that he did something wrong but he's not man enough to own up to it so he's turning this around on me making me look like I'm the one creating the drama and doing all the hating!



I ignored his IM because I don't want to keep communicating with him anymore. I mean, why bother replying to a world-class jerk, right? And I've already allowed him oh so many times to treat me like a second-class citizen so I'm not about to give him the same privelege all over again and feed his already huge ego.



Let me paint a picture for you so you would understand when I say that this guy has an ego as huge as Africa, may be even all the seven continents combined!



He would make plans with me and then cancel it in the last minute. He will text. Not call. His reasons would include but not limited to the following:

1. Our maid left and my parents can't take care of my dog, I'm the only one in the universe who can feed it.

2. I totally forgot that I have to attend my close friend's wedding which is starting in 2 hours.

3. I overslept and didn't hear my alarm go off.

4. I was on my way to your place but then my mom asked me to buy her medicine so now I'm on my way back home, again I'm the only person in the universe who can do that.



Or sometimes even worse, he would totally bail out on me without even having the courtesy to say he's cancelling, no text or call...no nothing! So I would forget about my pride (which I don't normally do in relationships) and would ask him why I never heard from him for days or sometimes weeks. He totally went AWOL on me on more than one occassion. His reasons would include but not limited to the following:



1. My boss asked me to come into work on a Sunday and I was so pissed that I didn't talk to anybody (which I later on found out to be a complete lie because apparently he went on a road trip with his buddies).

2. I had to work 16 hours a day. I barely have time to myself or my family and when I have time off I make it my "Me" time and get some sleep and rest. I don't even have time to go out anymore (which again I later on found out to be a complete and utter lie because apparently he's been going on several out of town trips with his family and friends).

3. I'm too busy with work! (Seriously?! Nobody's that busy! I know for a fact that no guy is ever too busy for the woman he's really into).



But, the real deal breaker here was our last "date" (if you could call that a date!). He was two and a half hours late. We were supposed to attend church together but he came an hour after church ended. His reason: he went out the whole day with his friends so he was really beat and then he couldn't leave early to meet with me because he had to finish the bowling game. Notice two things here: #1. He gave all his energy the whole day to spend time with his friends that by the time he was supposed to spend a few hours with me he was already too tired. #2. He already had the whole day (9am-5pm) to spend with his friends that he didn't even think of leaving a little bit early since he knows we planned to meet at a certain time.



Now, instead of just making it up to me by say taking me to a nice dinner here's what he said when he asked, "Where do you want to eat?" and I said, "At Old Spaghetti House" and he said "You're so high maintenance!" Apparently I'm high maintenance now because I want to eat at a nice restaurant instead at some greasy fast food after making me wait 2 1/2 hours on a hungry stomach. He never ever picked me up or drove me home whenever we go out on dates because I drive my own car and yet to him I'm still high maintenance.



To add insult to injury he fell asleep during dinner. Yup! He was sitting right across the table and was literally dozing off while I ate my dinner. (read: we weren't eating dinner together because when his food came first he finished it off while I watched him eat) And when there was only one bite left on his plate I said to him, "So you didn't really wait for my food to come so we can have dinner together huh?" He replied, "Well, I'm not finished eating yet, there's still one bite left". Any girl in her right mind would've walked out on someone like that. But noooooo! I still stayed because I wanted to bear witness or rather fall victim to more of his jerk antics. As I was about to put the last of the spaghetti in my mouth he asked, (No! it's not will you marry me) "Should I ask for the bill?" Seriously?! I still had food in my mouth and he couldn't wait to leave?! After that date from hell I decided that I've had enough!



Whenever I would tell him that I can't do this anymore, that this has to stop he would not reply to that. I would never hear from him again for months. He wouldn't even extend the courtesy to talk to me face to face and end things well with me. Just total silence. Parang bula na bigla nalang nawala (Like a bubble that disappeared into thin air). Until I run into him somewhere and then we would start talking and going out again. It's a vicious cycle. One that needs to end...for good!



Isn't it only right that I continue ignoring this jerk or should I give our friendship another chance?

What do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. hi there... nice articles ah.... hmmm care to visit my site? thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. noh ka ba? maganda naman yung message sa article mo ah... yun nga lang wag mo sana lahatin yung mga guys... may mga katulad ko pang martir pag dating sa usapang love life... hahahaha anyway lagay ka ng chatbox mo dito sa blog mo... i'm looking forward sa mga next post mo... by the way i'm saul krisna... bago lang ako dito sa blogsphere... hahaha theraphy ko ang pag susulat para di ako ma praning... mabilis kasi akong ma depress eh... ingat ka palagi ha.... add na kita ha... byebye poh mua mua mua

    ReplyDelete