Monday, January 26, 2009

Why Am I Doing This Anyway?

"I think it's really brave of you to share your honest and vulnerable thoughts on romantic relationships. I found myself nodding as I read though it. I was encouraged even more to wait and trust God in that department. :)"

---Era

After reading my blog, one of my friends left this message in my Facebook. Actually I haven't seen her in a long time. We used to go to the same church when we were younger and has lost touch ever since we moved to a different church a couple of years ago. It was a surpirse to hear from her talking about my blog. I didn't expect that she would find encouragement in my ramblings. Well, Era you have encouraged me more! Thank you!

********************

"Hi mich...i really like your blog...i agree 100% with everything you wrote there. mali nga si sushmita sen sa sagot nya sa what is the essence of a woman eh...being a mother daw. it's being a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, minsan all of these...minsan some of these...kaya dapat si ms. colombia ang nanalo eh. love you mich!"

---Kristina

This is a message from an old friend who's been married for almost a decade now and has three beautiful daughters. I thought that only singles can relate to my articles but apparently even married people. She even referred my blog to her friends! Thank you manang Bindy!

********************

"Excellent blog.. reminds me of how my parents (and grandparents) nag me about the same thing.. either that or how they compare my salary or what i own (house, car, businesses, etc) to other sons and daughters.. i think it is just a general asian parent thing though.. i hope i don't end up like that hahah."

--- Andy

I didn't expect the first person to ever comment (and read) about my blog would be a dude! I thought my first article would only appeal to single women. I didn't think there are guys out there who's going thru the same thing... What a real eye-opener!

********************
I was 22 when I experienced my first heartbreak. It was such an excrutiatingly painful experience that I thought I was gonna die. But, obviously I'm still alive now which means I was able to get over it and move on with my life. During those times that I was so broken I just wanted to stay in bed the whole day crying over a boy. When I was still wallowing in my pain and misery, I couldn't grasp the reason why it was happening to me. But through God's mercy I slowly understood that there is a wonderful purpose behind my painful circumstance. And so I decided to write a book about everything I went through. I wanted to share my experience so I can help those who are going thru the same thing. I was only able to come up with a good title. That was it.
I thought the wounds from that disastrous relationship were already healed and that was the end of it. Unfortunately, it was only the beginning...
The beginning of a string of wrong and ungodly relationships. And so, I jumped from one guy to another all the while thinking that I wouldn't get hurt so long as I won't fall in love with any of them. What was I thinking?! I knew I was setting myself up for disaster but I went ahead anyway! I failed miserably each time. It resulted to irreversible mistakes and even deeper wounds.
But the Lord has a way of using our deepest hurts and darkest pasts for His glory...
I couldn't write a book five years ago because I wasn't ready yet. There's still a lot that I needed to learn and experience. I know I still couldn't write a book now, may be someday. I know that the blogging craze started years ago but I only caught up on it late last year when I started reading Kuya Kevin's blog on relationships. Getting inspiration from him, I started my own blog as an outlet where I can put my thoughts and feelings about relationships.
So why am I writing about the story of my life for the whole world to read? Because now, even my awful experiences can be put to good use. I didn't expect that anyone would pay attention to what I have to say, much more agree with me and find encouragement. It amazes me how this simple tool can reach out to other people. It is my prayer that I continue to encourage and touch other people's lives through my articles.
To the single ladies (and men) out there, even the married ones, if you would like to share your experiences or views on love and relationships feel free to contact me. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey of singlehood with you.

1 comment:

  1. God will indeed use the past, no matter how excruciating it was, for His glory. Alam mo, a lot of people would definitely be blessed/rebuked/encouraged with your writings... Go Mich! We'll just wait for your book lauch soon hehe :D

    ReplyDelete