Monday, February 16, 2009

L.O.V.E.

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes



You know how when we were still in grade school and we would write cheesy acronyms at the end of our letters to our crush or friends? Well it's funny now but back in those days it was one of the coolest things ever! Remember I.T.A.L.Y (I Trust And Love You) or J.A.P.AN (Just Always Pray At Night)?

This is from our pastor's preaching at our church in VCF Alabang yesterday. It's so funny that I think it's worth sharing to the blogging world. Pastor Ariel said that people from different countries (and some places in the Philippines) have different definitions of the word LOVE:


H.O.L.L.A.N.D - Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies

L.I.B.Y.A - Love Is Beautiful, You Also

F.R.A.N.C.E - Friendship Remains And Can Never End

C.H.I.N.A - Come Here I Need Affection

B.U.R.M.A - Between Us, Remember Me Always

I.N.D.I.A - I Nearly Died In Adoration

I.M.U.S - I Miss You Sweetheart

C.E.B.U - Change Everything But Us

T.O.N.D.O - Tonight's Our Night Dearest One

And I found a few acronym meanings of L.O.V.E from acronymfinder.com. Some are kind of bitter and jaded:

Loss Of Valuable Energy

League of Villainous Entities

But there are some that promote optimism:

Lots of Valuable Energy

Listen, Overlook, Value, Encourage

Let Our Values Endure

Let Our Violence End

Some are, well...wala lang:

Let Older Volunteers Educate

Lunar Observations Verifier Editor

And then there are some that...let's just say is open to your own interpretation. Bahala na kayo kung anong iisipin nyo!

Legs Open Very Easy

Look Observe Verify Enjoy

I wonder how people come up with these things! Hahaha!


3 comments:

  1. Cool! Haaaay L.O.V.E!

    Looking Optimistic Very Entertaining! Lolz!

    Ewan ko ba. Hehehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahehehe...galing...parang naalala ko yung mga yan noong high school ah...aheks...

    pag-ibig nga naman... ay! belated happy puso... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Oracle

    hahaha! in fairness that's a good one! I was trying to come up with my own meaning but i couldn't think of anything positive... alam mo na bitter-bitteran ako sa boys & love ngayon so wag nalang...hehe

    @ SuperG

    ayan aminado ka rin pala na baduy ka dati! hehehe..

    ReplyDelete