Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not A Gender Supremacy Debate

I'd like to thank Oracle for giving me the inspiration to write this post when he made a comment on my What He Says Vs. What He Actually Really Means entry. He said:

(Mali talga si parekoy na itrato ang mga babae na ganun lang. Pero hindi ito ang gusto ko bigyan ng punto. Pipilitin ko mag ingles... Pakihanda ang mop para sa dugo.. hehe...)

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't!

It's not like I'm trying to defend my gender here, or even to start a gender supremacy debate, but you know it's not that simple as just telling the truth. Talk about timing, readiness and a plethora of other things, but really it's going to hurt like hell either way.

And some girls do the same thing when dumping boys. It's just that some girls think that they deserve or demand special treatment from guys. They can hurt the guy but the guy must be able to take it. The guy can't hurt the girl but the girl can do so anytime she wants. It's just crazy!

Some people are so darn impatient in knowing the truth. But unfortunately some people cannot handle the truth. Telling a lie is different from suppressing the truth. The question really falls on how we are ready to know, hear and accept the truth.

This is beginning to start as a post so i better cut it short. But let me close it with a song..."There's no easy way to break somebody's heart"


This really isn't a gender supremacy debate because in this argument I will have to agree with this dude. He's absolutely right! I used to be the type of person who only sees things in black and white. Note the past tense because I would like to believe that I'm slowly learning to see things from other people's point of view.

It isn't just about telling the truth. And that "plethora" of other things Oracle was talking about (Btw, I had to look up what plethora means... hehehe) are the determining factors on the how, why and when of breaking up. But in any case, I would still rather hear the truth rather than finding out later on that the person lied blatantly to my face.

Exhibit A:
Guy keeps bailing out on girl and gives lame excuses like "I'm really busy with work" or "I have a big problem at home" or "I'm just swamped with so many things right now. It's not you, it's me. I have things to deal with on my own."

Girl finds out that everytime the guy cancels their plans he was really out with his buddies partying, on a road trip or an out of town trip.

Exhibit B:
Guy tells his girlfriend that he's only friends with his female co-worker, that they're best friends actually. He denies that he likes that co-worker.

Months after they break up, girl finds out from the guy himself that he used to have a thing for his co-worker.


Being lied to is such a horrible feeling. Nobody wants to be lied to. Sometimes I think that I'd rather I was kept in the dark and never heard the truth. But then again I'm glad I did find out because it just confirms that he's a lying jerk and I'm better off without him. The truth can really set us free. It set me free from a relationship based on lies, deceit and games. Though I must admit that I am guilty of this: I used to think that it's totally unfair when boys hurt me but it's alright if I hurt them! How self-absorbed was I? (Again, notice the past tense) Akala ko kasi dati robot ang mga lalaki... hehe.. But just like any other human being they get hurt too it's just that they have a good way of hiding it behind their tough exterior.

I was too busy focusing on my own hurt feelings that I've forgotten how I've hurt other people too. I was always the one doing the dumping. I've only been dumped once in my entire life but only after I've dumped him three times before that. I guess he thought that it's only fitting that he'll have the last laugh after what I did to him. And naturally, ako pa yung galit! (I had the nerve to get mad at him for dumping me!) And looking back I realized that I've only been honest 5 out of 7 times.

Here are some of my classic lame excuses:

1. "I don't feel the same way anymore because you've been complacent. There's no more spark, no romance!"

Translation: I met someone else and I don't want our break up to look like I cheated on you.

2. "I'm not ready for a relationship." (Hahaha! I can't remember anymore how many poor guys have heard this line from me!)

Translation: I'm just not that into you.

3. "It's over... It's sooo over!"

Translation: I'm bored with you! I want a new boytoy!
or
You're really not that a good kisser! I've had better!

4 comments:

  1. confession ito....aheks... galing ni pareng orakulo... hindi na ako magdadagdag.. papalakpak na lang ako sa inyo...yahooo... (*clap clap*)

    Magandang Gabi... ^_^...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gagaling! sabay na lang ako kay supergulaman pumalakpak. clap clap clap

    hehe... gusto ko lang magdagdag. :))

    Pain can really be overwhelming that all you can think about is how excruciating the feeling is. We are blinded by the idea that "i am hurt" so we wallow in self pity. But by doing so we are not healing the pain instead we amplify it that let it grow more. So we want to be left alone, hurt our self thinking it would be better than the pain inside, we end up acting suicidal. We push away those trying to help because we are so broken that we forget to think our actions affects them.

    Let the dark be the reason for the light to shine brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. huwaaaw! nahiya naman ako d2 sexy michy. lolz

    Si superG talaga idol ko. Ako'y wawents na mangmang!

    Honesty is the best way to go. Kahit mahirap, dapat tanggapin, dapat gawin. Ito ay responsibilidad sa sarili, hindi sa iba...

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. magaling..

    gusto ko ng ganitong mga entry...interactive.

    nice post..

    ReplyDelete